The Romantic Book of the Year Award, affectionately known as The Ruby, is our premier award and the only one of its kind in Australia. Voted on by Australian readers, this contest is open each year to any Australian or New Zealand romance author who has published a long or short romance novel.
RUBY and ELLA 2015 finalists and winners
RWA congratulates the finalists and winners in the Romantic Book of The Year and Romantic Novella of the Year 2016, for books published in 2015.
- Rise by Karina Bliss – self-published
- The Spring Bride by Anne Gracie – Berkley/Penguin Random House
- Kakadu Sunset by Annie Seaton – Pan Macmillan Australia
- Lethal in Love by Michelle Somers – Random House Australia – WINNER
- A Dangerous Arrangement by Lee Christine – Escape Publishing
- The Patterson Girls by Rachael Johns – Harlequin MIRA – WINNER
- Pay The Piper by Mary Brock Jones – self-published
- Between the Vines by Tricia Stringer – Harlequin MIRA
- Tribal Law by Shannon Curtis – Australian Romance Readers Association
- The Wedding Bargain by Yvonne Lindsay – Harlequin Desire
- Pretend It’s Love by Stefanie London – Entangled Lovestruck
- Never Surrender by Rosie Miles – Entangled Ignite – WINNER
- Seducing His Enemy’s Daughter by Annie West – HM&B Sexy
- You For Christmas by Madeline Ash – Tule Publishing
- Still Married To Her Ex! by Lucy Clark – HM&B Medical
- Home to Bindarra Creek by Juanita Kees – self-published
- The Secret Son by Joan Kilby – Tule Publishing – WINNER
- Reach For The Stars by Kerrie Paterson – self-published
- Mistletoe Maverick by Shannon Curtis – self-published
- Silk & Scars by Cassandra Dean – Decadent Publishing
- Pursued By The Rogue by Kelly Hunter – Tule Publishing
- What A Bachelor Needs by Kelly Hunter – Tule Publishing – WINNER
The winners were announced at the Awards Night at National Conference, Adelaide, Saturday 20th August 2016.
Check out past winners at the RUBY Past Winners!