Call for workshop proposals
The call for workshop proposals closed on 16th November. We received over 50 proposals of a very high quality and covering a broad range of workshop topics. Successful presenters will be contacted by January 1st 2013.
The Riding the Waves conference team is seeking proposals for workshops, panels and other breakout sessions.
Payment is $300 per session (split between joint presenters).
The conference committee is also open to any new and innovative breakout session ideas.
In 2013 the conference theme is Riding the Waves: Writing Romance in Tempestuous Times and the committee encourages proposals to be linked to this theme. Some ideas to get you rolling:
- Getting Back on the Board – Why resilience will take you far in this industry
- Piracy on the Literary Seas – It’s not romantic when it’s happening to you.
- Staying Afloat – Diversifying and hedging your bets.
- Wipeout! – Starting over when you get dumped by your publisher.
- Watching from the Shore – Writing for pleasure, not publication.
- If the Sandman’s a Rockin’ – Writing emotionally satisfying sex scenes.
- Surfing the Superhighway – Using the Internet for good instead of evil.
Please note the above examples are suggestions only. Go ahead and wow us with your own themed tied-in workshops. Slots are limited, so be quick!
Please download and complete the proposal form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The proposal form is an editable PDF. Make sure you save the form to your computer, complete all details, and then attach the saved form to your email - as otherwise the information you enter will not be sent.
If you are having problems saving data to the form, make sure you are using the latest version of Adobe Reader. Otherwise, you are welcome to print the form and scan it to us.
Proposals must be submitted by November 16th 2012 and successful presenters will be informed by January 1st 2013.