We are pleased to announce the call for proposals for the 2021 RWA Academy program for online courses with a deadline of 16 October 2020 for submissions.
Our professional development team is seeking quality proposals for courses in writing craft (e.g. deep point of view, show don’t tell, grammar, world building, writing in different sub-genres, etc.) or in the business of being a writer (marketing, publishing, advertising and more). If you have an idea on writing craft or business, we would love to see it.
Presenters have the option of submitting proposals for three different levels of courses:
- Online self-paced courses: low participant investment, minimal to no presenter-participant interaction, material accessible for a one-year period;
- Online short courses: 4 week courses in a specific calendar month with medium participant investment and medium level of presenter-participant interaction. (These courses are structured like the previous OWLs for those familiar with that format);
- Focused one-on-one courses: high participant investment, high level of one-on-one presenter-participant interaction, varied duration depending on program.
Further details regarding course expectations are provided in the Guidelines for RWA Academy Proposals. If you are preparing a course, you might also like to read RWA’s Tips for Creating Great Online Courses.
If you have any questions about the new structure of the RWA Academy or the course proposal submission process, please don’t hesitate to contact the program coordinator, Libby M Iriks, at email@example.com
SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL
If you would like to submit a proposal, please follow the steps below.
- Read the Guidelines for RWA Academy Proposals
- Read the General Information for RWA Academy Courses
- Complete the Submission Form by clicking on the button below – Please remember to read the documents in step 1 and 2 first. You will need to have the following information ready before you start the form: course title, course description, course outline and promotional details such as course blurb and bio. If necessary, you will be able to edit the form once it has been submitted.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to reading all of your proposals and will contact you as soon as possible after the closing date of 16 October 2020. Please note, a simple agreement between the presenter and RWA will be required.