Position title: Opal Mentor
Volunteer commitment: Numerous hours in mid to late May to determine the top three winners
Reporting to: RWAus Contest Manager
Since 1991 Romance Writers of Australia (RWAus) has been helping writers all across Australia (and beyond!) to follow their dreams. We provide support and inspiration while actively fostering opportunities for our members to engage in professional development, network with industry professionals, and pursue excellence in their writing and publishing careers.
As an Opal Mentor you will be committed to RWAus’ goals for the contest season. You’ll be an established author with experience at mentoring aspiring authors. You will liaise with the Opal Coordinator and the Contest Manager.
- Reading and assessing the top six winning entries in the Opal.
- Working with five other mentors to pick the top three entries in the Opal.
- Choosing the most appropriate mentor to match the first, second and third placed entry. Only one mentor per entry.
Skills and experience
- Current financial member of RWA.
- Excellent communication, organisational, and interpersonal skills.
- Established author.
- Previous mentor experience.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people to encourage positive communication and commitment to service delivery.
For more information or to register your interest, please contact our Contests Manager, Jacinta Peachey.