Benefits of Joining RWA
Romance Writers of Australia is a professional organisation for writers of romantic fiction with more than 900 members, including best-selling authors and hot new talents. Benefits include:
- Writing and Critique – join a writing group in your area or online, find a critique partner, or the Individual Writers Support scheme.
- Contests – enter yearly writing contests designed to motivate and assist in your writing development.
- Annual Conference and Professional Development – join our annual romance writers’ conference and other professional development opportunities such as online courses. Members also enjoy a discount.
- Hearts Talk – receive our monthly journal, packed full of craft and industry know-how.
- Community – join over 1000 authors to discuss everything related to writing, from genre to craft, publishing to marketing.
- Ruby Award – enter Australia’s prestigious Romantic Book of the Year award for published works (at the discounted rate).
- And more…
When you join RWA you become part of an extensive network that offers personal and professional support at every stage of your writing career.
Nikki Logan“Bootcamp, Critique Register, Roadshow… without these I would still be beavering away in isolation writing mistargeted, hybrid, wrong-length manuscripts on flimsy paperstock with irredeemable heroes and overly complicated plots. I cannot imagine a single thing on the ‘must have’ list that RWAus does not supply to anyone who needs it.”
Claire Boston“I joined RWA ten years ago when I knew my manuscript wasn’t any good, but had no idea how to fix it. Through RWA I found my critique group, and a whole network of writers who share their knowledge generously. I wouldn’t have got published as quickly if I hadn’t joined. I can’t recommend RWA highly enough to every writer I meet.”
Rachael Johns“I joined RWA after almost ten years of floundering around in the dark with my writing. I had a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in writing behind me, yet I still hadn’t grasped the fundamental components of writing a good story. RWA changed my life – through their conferences, forums, monthly newsletter, contests and the network of professionals I met, I finally found the tools to get serious with my writing. RWA is the most supportive writing organisation I have ever been involved with and I owe my publication and writing career to it.”