Romance Australia has established a Sub Committee to guide and support diversity and inclusion at RWA.
To represent authors from diverse backgrounds and experiences, and authors writing about diverse backgrounds and experiences.
The Sub Committee’s working definition of diverse encompasses all ages, cultures, ethnicities, social backgrounds, neurodiverse and physical abilities and attributes, all genders, and all sexual identities.
- To build and maintain a genuine culture of inclusiveness.
- To better serve RWA members from diverse backgrounds.
- To support and foster the same opportunities and access to opportunities for diverse authors, authors of diverse romance, and #ownvoices that exist for mainstream romance writers.
- To recognise the diversity of our society, and to work to create a safe place that will attract RWA members from diverse backgrounds and with diverse perspectives.
- To institute specific, measurable actions that increase diversity and inclusiveness at both the membership and leadership levels.
- To ensure that RWA’s ongoing engagement with the publishing industry encourages diversity.
Membership to the subcommittee is open year-round. We invite any interested members of RWA to join the Sub Committee by sending an EOI email.
Get in touch
2021 Diversity and Inclusion Sub Committee Meeting Schedule
Meetings are held online every 8 weeks on Wednesdays at 7pm AEST.
|WA||NT||QLD||SA||NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS|
|AWST||ACST||AEST||ACST / ACDT*||AEST / AEDT*|
|Wednesday 10 February||5:00 pm||6:30 pm||7:00 pm||7:30 pm*||8:00 pm*|
|Wednesday 7 April||5:00 pm||6:30 pm||7:00 pm||6:30 pm||7:00 pm|
|Wednesday 2 June||5:00 pm||6:30 pm||7:00 pm||6:30 pm||7:00 pm|
|Wednesday 28 July||5:00 pm||6:30 pm||7:00 pm||6:30 pm||7:00 pm|
|Wednesday 22 September||5:00 pm||6:30 pm||7:00 pm||6:30 pm||7:00 pm|
|Wednesday 17 November||5:00 pm||6:30 pm||7:00 pm||7:30 pm*||8:00 pm*|
Coming soon …
A collection of resources to support writers’ awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.