The 2023 RWA Conference will be held at The Sofitel Sydney Wentworth from the 11 – 13 August 2023. We are seeking a range of confident presenters with the skills to deliver presentations on topics relevant to a writer’s success in the romance writing industry. If you have a great idea for a presentation or a workshop idea for our Friday workshops, now is the time to let us know!
Presentations will be filtered through the following criteria:
- Does the presentation promote excellence in romantic fiction?
- Will the presentation help aspiring writers get published?
- Will the presentation help published authors establish, maintain, and advance their careers?
- Will the presentation provide continuing support for romance writers, whatever their sub-genre?
The RWA annual conference is our premier event and brings together over 300 writers and industry professionals for three days of professional development workshops, networking, social events, and pitching opportunities.
We invite proposals for the following presentation types:
- Business (60 or 90 minutes)
- Masterclass for aspiring authors (half/full day)
- Masterclass for emerging and established authors (half/full day)
- Writing craft for aspiring authors (60 or 90 minutes)
- Writing craft for emerging and established authors (60 or 90 minutes)
- Research and Insights (60 or 90 minutes)
- Panel Conversation or Interview (60 or 90 minutes)
Presentations are either 60 mins or 90 minutes in duration, with Masterclasses either half (4 hours) or full day (6-8 hours).
If you have a presentation that fits the bill, please click on the link below and complete the submission form via our conference website. If you’re proposing multiple workshops, please fill out the form once per proposal.
All submissions must be received no later than midnight AEDT Sunday 16th October 2022.