Position title: Volunteer Coordinator
Volunteer commitment: 10 hours per week (approximately) after initial set-up period
Reporting to: Member Services Manager
Since 1991 Romance Writers of Australia (RWAus) has been helping writers all across Australia (and beyond!) to follow their dreams. We provide support and inspiration while actively fostering opportunities for our members to engage in professional development, network with industry professionals, and pursue excellence in their writing and publishing careers.
As an organisation that is reliant on our amazing team of volunteers, it’s imperative that we help keep them organised, focused, and happy. That’s where you come in. You’ll be a people person with great leadership and organisational skills, and a positive attitude. An aptitude for verbal and written communication is essential, as you’ll be responsible for supporting existing volunteers and onboarding new ones. You’ll work closely with the Member Services Manager to deliver key programs and initiatives for our volunteers, ensuring that they feel valued and recognised by RWAus.
Member Services team
- Be a productive and supportive part of the Member Services team.
- Report monthly to the Member Services Manager, advising of monthly volunteer actions, initiatives, and volunteer numbers.
- Manage and maintain the Volunteer Coordinator Manual.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive Volunteer Directory, including breakdowns by membership category (eg. Aspiring), state, publishing journey (eg. Indie), and membership status (eg. active, expired).
- Onboard suitable volunteers as required, including checking the Volunteer Registration Form and reaching out to people who have expressed an interest.
- Assist volunteers across the organisation with queries and issues and support, while liaising with their Portfolio Managers if required.
- Ensure that every volunteer completes our full volunteer onboarding process.
- Manage and engage with the RWAus Volunteers Hangout on Facebook.
- Complete an annual Volunteer survey to gauge volunteer satisfaction, ideas, and concerns.
- Develop and implement Volunteer of the Month award.
- Run a program of events for National Volunteers Week (May)
- Plan an event for International Volunteer Day (5 December)
- Update the Volunteer Directory ensuring all volunteers have completed the onboarding process.
Develop and implement the Volunteer of the Month award.
Skills and experience
- Current financial member of RWAus.
- A working knowledge of the organisation’s structure
- Excellent communication, organisational, and interpersonal skills with an eye for detail.
- Comfortable with spreadsheet maintenance and using Google+, or the enthusiasm to learn.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people to encourage positive communication and commitment to service delivery.
For more information or to register your interest, please contact our Member Services Manager, Dannielle Line.