Position title: Anthology Production Coordinator
Volunteer commitment: 3 hours per week or less(approximately)
Reporting to: RWAus Contest Manager
Since 1991 Romance Writers of Australia (RWAus) has been helping writers all across Australia (and beyond!) to follow their dreams. We provide support and inspiration while actively fostering opportunities for our members to engage in professional development, network with industry professionals, and pursue excellence in their writing and publishing careers.
Service delivery is at the heart of everything we do. In your role as Anthology Production Coordinator, you’ll be committed to RWAus’ goals for the contest season. You’ll be friendly with a positive outlook and be an effective communicator, ensuring the production of our anthologies are on time and within budget. You’ll be responsible for liaising with contestant winners, editors, proof readers, formatters, cover designers and admin reporting to the Contest Manager.
- Gathering the editing, formatting and proof-reading team for each anthology.
- Organising the creation of book covers
- Responsible for coordinating the edited stories, blurbs, bios and photos from all authors for Sweet Treats, Spicy Bites and Diversions Anthologies.
- Setting up the eBooks and print copies.
- Overseeing the contracts with the assistance of the RWA admin.
- Working with the authors to promote the anthologies.
Skills and experience
- Current financial member of RWA.
- A working knowledge of the organisation’s structure.
- Ability to develop strong relationships across the organization and manage a team.
- Excellent communication, organisational, and interpersonal skills.
- An eye for detail.
- Ability to work to a deadline.
- Experience with independent publishing.
For more information or to register your interest, please contact our Contests Manager, Jacinta Peachey.